The Tropixs Latest Trending News Entertainment

Vybz Kartel has been discharged from hospital and is back in prison.

The Dancehall superstar was rushed to hospital on Sunday and admitted in serious but stable condition for thyroid issues.

“He has a thyroid issue. He had a crisis,” Vybz Kartel’s attorney, Tom Tavares-Finson said. “He was admitted to the UHWI on Sunday. The crisis has been brought under control. He’s not in danger at this time.”

This is Vybz Kartel’s third visit to hospital since his incarceration. Back in 2017, the deejay was rushed to the University Hospital under heavy police guard after complaining of excruciating pains in his side. In July 2015, he visited the doctors at the same facility due to a skin inflammation.

The Dancehall superstar, whose given name is Adidja Palmer, along with fellow entertainer Shawn Storm, Andre St John, and Kahira Jones were found guilty in 2014 of the 2011 murder of Clive ‘Lizard’ Williams after a trial lasted for 65 days.

They were all given mandatory life sentences with the self-proclaimed “Worl’Boss”, ordered to serve 35 years before he is eligible for parole. Campbell, Jones and St John were ordered to each serve 25 years before they become eligible for parole.

Last summer, they made an appeal against their murder convictions in the Supreme Court. In nearly five days of legal submissions, the attorneys for Kartel and his three co-convicts argued that their right to a fair trial was prejudiced by a number of factors.

Among them, the admission of ‘contaminated’ evidence during their 17-week murder trial. Chief among the ‘contaminated’ evidence was a BlackBerry message that was lifted from the deejay’s mobile phone. During the appeal, the Prosecution argued that the integrity of the evidence remains intact and asked the judges to treat the message as an admission to murder.

However eight months later, a blanket of uncertainty still hovers over their appeal case, as the date when the verdict will be announced remains unknown.