Mavado’s teenage son will be heading back to court next month for ball hearing.
Last year, the Dancehall entertainer’s son was charged jointly with 23-year-old Andre Hines for the June 5, 2018 murder of Lorenzo Thomas, otherwise called ‘Israel’ or ‘Trulups’, who was shot, chopped and burned to death at his home in Cassava Piece, St Andrew.
The “Big League” deejay’s son and Hines were charged with conspiracy to murder, arson, shooting with intent and illegal possession of firearm and ammunition.
Mavado’s son is also being accused of giving Hinds, an order to behead Thomas. A witness statement given to the police alleges that the juvenile gave the instruction, “Memba di boss want him head.”
Hinds allegedly attempted to carry out the order but only managed to partially sever Thomas’s head. The teenager denied the allegations when he appeared in the Corporate Area Criminal Court last year.
Mavado‘s son is currently held in a Juvenile detention center in Kingston without bond, but his attorney Peter Champagnie says he will be back in court on May 10th to apply for bail. “We will be making a bail application, and we will be making our best efforts to ensure that the application is granted,” he said.
Meanwhile, law enforcement officials say that they are still seeking to speak with Mavado about the murder of Lorenzo Thomas.