Dancehall veteran Beenie Man was a no-show for an event in Grand Cayman recently.

The promoter Ann Marie Logan says the ‘King Of The Dancehall’ never attended her show last week Friday which resulted in a huge financial loss. Logan claims approximately $25,000CI was spent to keep the show and it was not held, she’s now demanding her money back from the artiste.

Related: Machel Montano and Beenie Man to headline OVO Fest 2016 event

The ‘Rum and Redbull’ deejay however has since issued an apology, “I want to apologize to all my fans and let them know that we are working with the promoters to reschedule the show to a later date.”

Beenie says his ‘Zagazow’ band did not received a work permit to travel to Cayman for the show and as a result he could not perform.